Time: Sat Mar 29 22:26:05 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id VAA28034
	for [address in tool bar]; Sat, 29 Mar 1997 21:28:57 -0700 (MST)
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 22:17:46 -0800
To: conchr-l@xc.org
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: L&J: Red China's Footholds

They don't seem to be having any trouble
importing container loads of weapons.

Why couldn't they smuggle soldiers in,
the same way -- paint red crosses on the
sides of their transport vehicles?  Paint
is cheap, especially red paint, which they
have in abundance.

There are plenty of empty military bases,
just waiting for their arrival.  Mare
Island has been de-commissioned, and I once
worked there in systems development, doing
engineering simulations for submarine hulls.

It is time to think the unthinkable, People!

I believe there is now probable cause
for a nationwide alert on this question,
complete with an embargo of COSCO
shipping, until further notice.