Time: Thu Apr 03 08:47:01 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id HAA29561;
	Thu, 3 Apr 1997 07:32:26 -0700 (MST)
	by usr08.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id HAA04712;
	Thu, 3 Apr 1997 07:32:10 -0700 (MST)
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 1997 08:41:29 -0800
To: Karl Kleinpaste <karl@jprc.com>
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: NOTICE of Common Law Copyright Violation
 <Paul Andrew Mitchell's message of Sun, 30 Mar 1997 20:56:58 -0800>
 <3.0.1.16.19970330125828.3327dbb2@pop.primenet.com>
 <3.0.1.16.19970330205658.37c774ce@pop.primenet.com>
 <3.0.1.16.19970402182920.2b5f3112@pop.primenet.com>

>By what metric are you to judge whether the copy you now hold is legit?

The proper, lawful presumption is that the
common law copyright notice is bona fide,
and if you haven't paid for the product
you are holding in your hands, the person
who is giving it to better had, or you are
in possession of stolen property, whether
you know it or not.  That is how you judge.

Moreover, if the clear Notice tells you
that the original has bold, underline,
and italics in it, and yours doesn't,
can you add 1 and 1?

Common law copyrights are perpetual, and
software piracy is rampant, particularly
in the legal research community.

You have told me enough to give me probable
cause to believe that you are in possession
of stolen property.

So, I must demand that you return to me
the disk(s) you currently have in your
possession, and remove from your computer
system(s) ALL files of "The Federal Zone"
which are stored there, regardless of
version.

I don't have time for this.  Sorry.

/s/ Paul Mitchell