Time: Thu Apr 17 07:27:29 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id GAA00894;
	Thu, 17 Apr 1997 06:46:23 -0700 (MST)
	by usr03.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id GAA12895;
	Thu, 17 Apr 1997 06:46:07 -0700 (MST)
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 07:11:51 -0700
To: (Recipient list suppressed)
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: voter registration (1 of 3)

                                   c/o USPS P. O. Box 6189
                                   San Rafael, California
                                   Postal Code 94903-0189/TDC

                                   March 10, 1992

Registrar of Voters
P. O. Box "E"
San Rafael, California
Postal Code 94913/TDC

Dear Registrar:

     As instructed  by a member of your staff, please accept this
letter  as   formal  notice   that  I   hereby  revoke  my  voter
registration with your office.

     It is  with enormous  regret that  I must  take  this  step,
because I  consider voting  to be  among the most important civic
duties that  we have  in America  today,  particularly  during  a
presidential election year.

     Nevertheless,  it   has  come  to  my  attention  that  your
registration forms  now explicitly  state, in  red letters,  that
they are  "For U.S.  Citizens Only".   Moreover, these same forms
exhibit the  following affidavit,  which  must  be  signed  under
penalty of perjury:

     "I am a citizen of the United States and will be at least 18
     years of  age at  the time  of the  next election.  I am not
     imprisoned or  on parole  for the conviction of a felony.  I
     certify under penalty of perjury under the laws of the State
     of California that the information on this affidavit is true
     and correct."

     This affidavit  is followed  by a clear WARNING, also in red
letters, that  "Perjury is  punishable by  imprisonment in  state
prison for two, three or four years.  Section 126 Penal Code".

     My chief  concern with  this affidavit  has to  do with  the
definition of  "United States"  that is  implied by  the form.  I
have recently authored a well  documented book, a major thesis of
which relies upon the following ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court:

     The term  "United States"  may be used in any one of several
     senses.  It may be merely the name of a sovereign  occupying
     the position  analogous to  that of  other sovereigns in the
     family of  nations.   It may  designate the  territory  over
     which the  sovereignty of  the United  States extends, or it
     may be the collective name of the states which are united by
     and under the Constitution.

             [Hooven & Allison Co. vs Evatt, 324 U.S. 652 (1945)]
                                                 [emphasis added]

                        Page U - 3 of 22

                                                The Federal Zone:

     From this  ruling by  the U.S.  Supreme Court, it is obvious
that the  term "United States" can mean any one of three entirely
different things.   I  draw your  attention specifically  to  the
second of  these three different meanings of "United States":  it
may designate  the territory  over which  the sovereignty  of the
United States extends.  This territory includes only the District
of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands,
Guam, American  Samoa, the  Northern Mariana  Islands, the  Trust
Territory of  the Pacific  Islands, and  the  federal  "enclaves"
which have  been ceded  to Congress  by  acts  of  the  50  State
Legislatures.    The  authority  to  have  exclusive  legislative
jurisdiction over  this  limited  area  of  land  is  granted  to
Congress by  Article 1,  Section 8,  Clause  17  and  Article  4,
Section 3, Clause 2 of the U.S. Constitution.

     It follows, then, that declaring oneself to be a "citizen of
the United  States" could  be construed to mean that one has been
either born  or naturalized  into this jurisdiction and, that one
is therefore  subject to this jurisdiction (see 26 CFR 1.1-1(c)).
This is  particularly true if the "c" in "citizen" is lower case,
as is the case in the Code of Federal Regulations just cited, and
also in  the so-called  14th Amendment  to the U.S. Constitution.
Last but  not least, the word "of" is often interpreted by courts
to mean  "belonging to".   Thus,  the term "citizen of the United
States" can  and has  been interpreted  by the  courts to  mean a
"subject" who "belongs to" the "Congress".

     On the contrary, I have recently filed a notarized affidavit
with the California Secretary of State, March Fong Eu, in which I
declare my  status to  be that  of a  "natural born  Citizen"  as
stated  in   Article  2,   Section  1,   Clause  5  of  the  U.S.
Constitution.   Contrary to widespread public opinion, a "natural
born Citizen"  is not  the same thing as a "citizen of the United
States".  There are also numerous court authorities for these two
different kinds  of citizenship.  As a natural born Citizen, I am
a member  of the  Sovereignty;   I am subject only to my Creator,
because my  fundamental, unalienable  rights are  endowed  by  my
Creator (see  Declaration of  Independence, 1776).   Those rights
are not granted to me by anyone or anything else.  If you request
it in  writing, a  notarized copy of my affidavit can be provided
to you.

     Accordingly,  a  shrewd  and  constructive  fraud  has  been
perpetrated upon  me, if  the presence  of my  name on your voter
registration roster  can be  presumed by State and federal courts
to mean  that I  am a "citizen of the United States", with all of
the legislated  privileges, immunities  and liabilities  attached
thereto.   I will  not allow  such a  presumption or  adhesion to
exist, and  it is  primarily for this reason that I hereby revoke
my registration  as a  voter in  the County  of Marin, California
Republic.  This revocation is retroactive to my date of majority,
which date  was June  21, 1969.   I  remind you  that there is no
statute of limitations on fraud.

                        Page U - 4 of 22

                                                       Appendix U

     Please be  advised that  my use of the phrase "WITH EXPLICIT
RESERVATION OF  ALL MY  RIGHTS AND  WITHOUT PREJUDICE  UCC  1-207
(UCCA 1207)" above my signature on this document indicates:

     1.   that I  explicitly reject  any and  all benefits of the
Uniform Commercial  Code, absent  a  valid  commercial  agreement
which is  in force  and to  which I  am a  party,  and  cite  its
provisions herein  only to  serve notice  upon  ALL  agencies  of
government, whether  international, national,  state,  or  local,
that they,  and not  I, are  subject to, and bound by, all of its
provisions, whether cited herein or not;

     2.   that my  explicit  reservation  of  Rights  has  served
notice upon  ALL agencies of government of the "Remedy" they must
provide for  me under  Article 1,  Section  207  of  the  Uniform
Commercial Code, whereby I have explicitly reserved my Common Law
right not  to be  compelled to  perform  under  any  contract  or
commercial agreement  into which  I have  not entered  knowingly,
voluntarily, and intentionally;

     3.   that my  explicit  reservation  of  Rights  has  served
notice upon  ALL agencies of government that they are ALL limited
to proceeding  against me only in harmony with the Common Law and
that I do not, and will not, accept the liability associated with
the "compelled"  benefit of any unrevealed commercial agreements;
and

     4.   that my  valid reservation  of Rights has preserved all
my  rights   and  prevented  the  loss  of  any  such  Rights  by
application of the concepts of waiver or estoppel.

     I presume  that you  will make  copies  of  this  letter  of
revocation available to all interested County departments.

     Thank you very much for your consideration.

WITH EXPLICIT RESERVATION OF ALL MY RIGHTS
AND WITHOUT PREJUDICE UCC 1-207 (UCCA 1207)

/s/ John Q. Doe

All Rights Reserved

registered as:      John Q. Doe
                    Address
                    City, State

copies:   County Board of Supervisors
          Jury Commissioner, County of Marin
          California Secretary of State

                        Page U - 5 of 22

                                                The Federal Zone:

                   State Citizens Stop Voting:

                   An Outline of Legal Reasons

                     and an Academic Debate

                               by

                         John E. Trumane

                          Last Update:

                        December 9, 1993

                        Page U - 6 of 22

                                                       Appendix U

                          Introduction

I.   There are  2 classes  of citizenship  under current American
     Law, not just 1 class

     A.   State Citizenship (upper-case "C")

          1.   a/k/a California Citizen, Nevada Citizen, etc.
          2.   a/k/a "Citizen of one of the States united"

     B.   federal citizenship (lower-case "c")

          1.   a/k/a "citizen of the United States"
          2.   a/k/a "U.S. citizen"

II.  Under current  California State  law, only  federal citizens
     can register to vote;  State Citizens cannot register

     A.   see voter registration form, available at Post Office

III. Registering to vote produces material evidence that one is a
     federal citizen  who is,  by definition,  liable for federal
     income taxes, whereas State Citizens are not

     A.   State Citizens  are protected  by constitutional limits
          against direct taxation

          1.   direct taxes  must be  apportioned per  Article 1,
               Section 9,  Clause 4  and Article  1,  Section  2,
               Clause 3

     B.   federal  citizens  are  not  protected  by  these  same
          constitutional limits

IV.  State Citizens  must  cancel  their  voter  registration  to
     perfect and maintain their status under the Law

                        Page U - 7 of 22

                                                The Federal Zone:

                              Body

I.   There are 2 classes of citizenship under American Law

     A.   State Citizenship

          1.   found in the U.S. Constitution prior to Civil War

               a.   e.g. see  qualifications for  Representative,
                    Senator, and President

          2.   this is  a Sovereign  class created and endowed by
               the Creator

     B.   federal citizenship

          1.   14th Amendment  attempted to  formalize  a  second
               class of  citizen  first  defined  in  1866  Civil
               Rights Act

          2.   this is  a statutory  creation, a  subject  class,
               created and  endowed by  the Congress,  not by the
               Creator

II.  2 recent  decisions of  Utah Supreme  Court struck  down the
     14th Amendment

     A.   Congress and  the President  forced southern  States to
          vote for  it "at  the point  of a  bayonet", using  the
          duress and undue influence of martial law

     B.   The Civil  War was  over and  the southern  States  had
          already been counted upon to ratify the 13th Amendment,
          banning slavery

III. The consequences  of the  failed ratification  are many  and
     far-reaching:

     A.   federal citizenship  is not  defined in the supreme Law
          (i.e. the U.S. Constitution)

          1.   it is, at best, the creation of federal statute

          2.   as such,  it can  be taxed,  regulated,  and  even
               revoked, just like a corporation

     B.   in contrast,  State Citizenship is an unalienable Right
          which Congress cannot tax, regulate, or revoke

          1.   Congress cannot amendment the Constitution

               a.   Congress derives  its power  solely from  the
                    Constitution

                        Page U - 8 of 22

                                                       Appendix U

               b.   Congress can  lawfully  exercise  its  powers
                    only within the limits of the Constitution

          2.   qualifications for  Representative,  Senator,  and
               President have never been amended by the States

               a.   the term  "United States" in these provisions
                    means "States  united" (see  People vs  De La
                    Guerra and  Ex parte  Knowles, Calif. Supreme
                    Court)

          3.   since the  Constitution  as  lawfully  amended  is
               perpetual,  then   so  is   the  Sovereign   State
               Citizenship  which  it  has  recognized  from  the
               beginning (1787)

IV.  The term "United States" has three (3) separate and distinct
     meanings in American Law:

     A.   The  name   of  the  sovereign  nation,  occupying  the
          position of other sovereigns in the family of nations

     B.   The federal  government and  the limited territory over
          which it exercises exclusive sovereign authority

          1.   to be a federal citizen is to be a "citizen of the
               United States"  in this  second sense  of the term
               (i.e. a "citizen of the federal zone")

     C.   The collective  name for the States united by and under
          the Constitution for the United States of America

          2.   to be  a State  Citizen is to be a "Citizen of the
               United States"  in this  third sense  of the  term
               (i.e. a "Citizen of one of the States united")

V.   One can  be a  State Citizen  without also  being a  federal
     citizen

     A.   see Crosse case from Maryland Court of Appeals:

          "Both before  and after the Fourteenth Amendment to the
          federal Constitution,  it has  not been necessary for a
          person to be a citizen of the United States in order to
          be a citizen of his state."

     B.   see State vs Fowler case from Louisiana Supreme Court:

          "But a  person may  be a  citizen of a particular state
          and not  a citizen  of the  United  States.    To  hold
          otherwise would  be to  deny to  the state  the highest
          exercise of its sovereignty -- the right to declare who
          are its citizens."

                        Page U - 9 of 22

                                                The Federal Zone:

     C.   see Cruikshank court from U.S. Supreme Court:

          "We have  in our  political system  a Government of the
          United States  and a  government of each of the several
          States.  Each of these governments is distinct from the
          others, and each has citizens of its own ...."    [!!!]

                [United States v. Cruikshank, 92 U.S. 542 (1875)]
                                                 [emphasis added]

VI.  California Legislature  now requires  that an  elector be  a
     "citizen of the United States"

     A.   this qualification  was predicated  on a  ratified 14th
          Amendment

          1.   the ambiguities in Section 1 of the 14th amendment
               confuse many  into thinking there is but one class
               of citizenship throughout America

          2.   State legislators  were likewise confused by these
               ambiguities, and  by the deception surrounding the
               adoption of this amendment

     B.   this  qualification   prohibits  State   Citizens  from
          registering to vote, and from voting

          1.   the voter  registration  form  exhibits  a  formal
               affidavit, signed  under penalty  of perjury, that
               voter is a federal citizen (see sample form)

               a.   such an  affidavit is  admissible evidence in
                    any State or federal court

               b.   federal  courts   use   this   affidavit   to
                    establish income tax liabilities

          2.   perjury is  punishable by 2, 3 or 4 years in State
               prison (see warnings on registration form)

               a.   warnings  are   in  CONSPICUOUS  text,  which
                    prevents signer from saying he didn't see it

     C.   State Citizens  must cancel their voter registration in
          order to perfect and maintain their status.

          1.   most registration  forms were  signed in ignorance
               of the 2 classes of citizenship in America

          2.   with this  knowledge, State  Citizens elect "to be
               treated" as  federal citizens  if they continue to
               vote after learning the law

                        Page U - 10 of 22

                                                       Appendix U

VII. federal citizens are liable for federal income taxes;  State
     Citizens are not

     A.   State Citizens  are protected by federal constitutional
          limits against direct taxation without apportionment

          1.   Article 1, Section 2, Clause 3

          2.   Article 1, Section 9, Clause 4

     B.   federal  citizens  are  not  protected  by  these  same
          constitutional limits

          1.   Constitution for  the "United States" as such does
               not extend  beyond the boundaries of the 50 States
               which are united by and under it

               a.   The Insular  Cases established  this  dubious
                    precedent at the turn of the century (1901)

          2.   the guarantees  of the  Constitution extend to the
               federal zone  only  as  Congress  has  made  those
               guarantees applicable

               a.   The Hooven  case established  this  principle
                    when it  confirmed that  the "United  States"
                    has three (3) different meanings in law

          3.   a "citizen  of the United States" is, effectively,
               a citizen of the District of Columbia, which never
               joined the Union of Sovereign States

               a.   Congress can  create local,  "municipal" laws
                    for D.C.  which are  not constrained  by  the
                    federal Constitution

               b.   a federal  court has ruled that "citizenship"
                    is a term of municipal law, not general law

                        Page U - 11 of 22

                    [continued in next message]