Time: Thu Apr 17 17:59:16 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id OAA01738;
	Thu, 17 Apr 1997 14:54:20 -0700 (MST)
	by usr09.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id OAA05349;
	Thu, 17 Apr 1997 14:52:29 -0700 (MST)
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 17:53:27 -0700
To: fwolist@sportsmen.net
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: IRC is "Void for Vagueness"

The Sixth Amendment "nature and cause" clause
guarantees laws which are clear, and unambiguous.
The pertinent case law, which is rich and
well developed, provides ample justification
for ignoring vague and ambiguous laws, particularly
when their vagueness and ambiguities were intentional,
for violating this fundamental Right.  Violations
of fundamental Rights are felonies, pursuant to
18 U.S.C. 242.  Unconstitutional laws are null and
void ab initio (from their beginning), because
unconstitutionality dates from enactment, not from
the decision so branding them.  Appendix Z in
"The Federal Zone" contains a wealth of pertinent
citations in this area.  One of my law mentors,
a former municipal court judge in California, told
me that the key to busting the IRC was to be found
in the "nature and cause" clause.  He was right,
in this matter, as in many others.

For a great authority, see U.S. v. De Cadena,
105 F.Supp. 202, 204 (1952), which case lists
a number of other excellent authorities on
the "void for vagueness doctrine," as it is called,
e.g. Connally et al. v. General Construction Co.,
269 U.S. 385, 391 (1926).

"Criminal statutes which fail to give due notice
 that an act has been made criminal before it is done
 are unconstitutional deprivations of due process of law."

     [U.S. v. De Cadena supra]