Time: Thu May 15 05:25:12 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id FAA20773;
	Thu, 15 May 1997 05:04:43 -0700 (MST)
	by usr05.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id FAA00429;
	Thu, 15 May 1997 05:04:17 -0700 (MST)
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 05:24:32 -0700
To: (Recipient list suppressed)
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: Just a thought/taxes (fwd)

Dear America,

What will Congress do when it finally comes to
realize that the federal income tax is a money
laundry which funnels huge sums into foreign
banks?  By stopping this hemorrhage, and doing
nothing else, Congress will motivate the nation's
economy to surge, reaping a windfall in excise
taxes for Congress.  The only other problem,
then, would be inflation, due to a huge jump in
purchasing power (demand), without a concomitant
increase in supply.  The sense of freedom would
certainly motivate a lot more creativity in the
workplace, imho.  That is my platform;  if the
voters endorse it, that will become my policy
(i.e. just a name change :)

Picture this:  Congressman is testifying on behalf
of a constituent being tried for some IRS "thought
crime."  Congressman tells jury that he, the man's
Representative, told the constituent it's okay not to file,
on congressional stationery.  Constituent just
followed his directions.  What a reliance letter,
yes?  End of story:  the end of IRS convictions in
THAT congressional district, and probably lots
of others.

It only takes one!

> ->  SearchNet's   SNETNEWS   Mailing List
>I wonder what would happen if there were no police, or threat of force
involved in paying taxes. How many people would pay taxes , especially if
they believe that  there is really nothing more than " taxation without
representation" going on. I doubt very much that there would be an increase
in tax revenues if it was on a voluntary basis, and people gave not because
of the threat of intimidation, but because from their abundance, they
wished to have their money help, and serve others.
>the tax system as it stands now is really not to far evolved from the old
system of extracting tithes , and sums from the labors of the serfs and
peasants during the middle ages.
>A quantum leap in govt would come about if taxes were voluntary, and the
govt earned its right to peoples livelihood thru service and not intimidation.
>the system the way it is now is just a form  of extortion. It operates
from fear, and the thought that if you dont pay you'll be in jail right quick.
>Rather than a tax system that is pyramidal , with all the funds going
towards a central govt, taxation should be aimed in the other direction ,
that being local govt, where the people can have close contact on how the
money is being spent, and hold those entrusted with the management of those
funds accountable. I would venture to say that the only really valid
taxation on a national level should be to provide for the national defense,
and to help regulate interstate , and international trade . Federal
taxation is one of the major factors in crippling progress in this nation.
I believe that  a major step in the right direction would be to
de-centralize and instead to localize.
>there is then more chance that the common wealth will serve the people ,
and help to better the quality of life which all people deserve .

biophilos@flinet.com