Time: Thu May 08 21:26:51 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id NAA13022
	for [address in tool bar]; Thu, 8 May 1997 13:04:10 -0700 (MST)
Date: Thu, 08 May 1997 15:32:54 -0700
To: (Recipient list suppressed)
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: [LEADERS] SLS: Intent of Constitution

Dear America,

I submit to you the proposition that the
Constitution for the United States of America,
as lawfully amended, contains no provision
for its own self-destruction, with the sole
exception of Article V, which empowers the
several states, and ONLY the several states,
to amend the Constitution at will.  When faced
with the real prospect of amending the
Constitution out of existence, I doubt very
much whether such a proposal would survive
the first state legislature to vote on such
a thing, even if such a fantastic and idiotic
thing were ever to survive a vote in Congress.
But, then again, our Congress has done some
pretty criminal things over the years, so
I wouldn't put it beyond Our Congress to do
this too!  I am not saying such a congressional
vote would be criminal;  but I do think it would
be rather idiotic.  Quo vadis emergencia!