Time: Sat May 10 05:54:17 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id FAA28248;
	Sat, 10 May 1997 05:49:25 -0700 (MST)
	by usr06.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id FAA11058;
	Sat, 10 May 1997 05:45:47 -0700 (MST)
Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 05:51:06 -0700
To: Brad Barnhill <bradbva@chv.mindspring.com>
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: Voter Registration Denied - Help for Appeal?

Brad,

Congratulations!  You had your day
in court, and you got a ruling --
something with which you can deal now.

I would be happy to help you, but
I am not in a position to work either
pro bono, or on contingency.  For
some ideas, see "State Citizens Cannot Vote"
in the Supreme Law Library at URL:

  http://www.supremelaw.com

You could even attach this essay as an
exhibit to a petition for rehearing,
under the rule of newly found evidence.

Have you applied for rehearing,
reconsideration, and/or clarification first?

This may be necessary to exhaust your
judicial remedies at the Circuit Court
level.

Your case is a very important one, in
my opinion, because voting is a fundamental
Right, pursuant to at least one California
case I have found.  As such, the Right is
un-lien-able (i.e. no government agent
can use a "law" to lien on that Right).

Also, take a close look at the Guarantee Clause.
The denial of voting to a state Citizen clearly
violates the Guarantee Clause, because the
elections are being controlled by a political
association which is domiciled in the District
of Columbia, with allegiance to the federal
government, not to the state government.

The set of federal citizens who inhabit the
several states at the present time, constitutes
a legislative democracy, not a constitutional
Republic.  As such, the Guarantee Clause is
violated, because it guarantees to the several
states a Republican form of government.

Your petitions always have more clout, to the
extent that you raise constitutional objections
to the state's treatment of you.

copy:  Supreme Law School