Time: Sat May 10 18:49:39 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id OAA05708;
	Sat, 10 May 1997 14:35:40 -0700 (MST)
	by usr01.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id OAA19131;
	Sat, 10 May 1997 14:35:21 -0700 (MST)
Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 18:48:30 -0700
To: eric <eric@gci-net.com>
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: Esquires and ATTORNeys

"In the United States, title commonly appended
after the name of attorney ...."

    [Black's Law Dictionary, Sixth Edition]

So, you must first understand the etymology
of the term "attorn".  This is detailed
in COMPANY'S OPPOSITION TO PLAINTIFF'S
MOTION TO STRIKE, begining at page 10 et seq.

See attached for authorities.

To "attorn" is to supervise the transfer of
an estate from the old lord to the new lord;
it is a term from feudal (federal?) law.

>At 06:17 AM 5/10/97 -0700, you wrote:
>>No, I am a Counselor at Law, but I am not
>>a licensed attorney, because of the evidence
>>proving ratification of the original 13th
>>amendment.  For background information, see
>>"Esquires" in the Supreme Law Library at URL:
>
>I have to disagree w/you on this Paul. Looking up Esquire in my 4th Edition
>Blacks and '34 Bouvier's state it's one step above "Gentleman" one step
>below "Knight." A Knight is a title of nobility for sure. But it is also
>known that it's the lowest title of nobility. Bouvier's also states it has
>no meaning in law. (1934 mind you, post civil war)

Attachment Converted: "C:\ATTACH\OPPSTRIK.doc"