Time:    Mon May 12 17:01:45 1997
Date:    Mon, 12 May 1997 16:58:37 -0700
To:     "Whitehouse, Douglas X (PB-d4xwhit)" <d4xwhit@msg.PacBell.COM>
From:    Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: expatriation

Hi Doug,

Once you understand the legal existence
of two classes of citizenship, you have
every Right, under the Tenth Amendment,
to change from being a citizen of both,
to a citizen of only one.  I think it
is an amazing "coincidence" that Congress
enacted the expatriation statute at almost
exactly the same time that the 14th amendment
[sic] was adopted (1868).  I have a brief
which explains this in detail.

Think of it as changing political parties.
The ONLY difference is that, unlike political
parties, you can be a citizen of both classes.
Other than that, choosing which class of
citizenship is the same as choosing political
parties.  For authority, confer in Black's
Law Dictionary at "Right/Constitutional Rights/
Political rights" -- the power to participate,
directly or indirectly, in the establishment or
administration of government, such as the
right of citizenship, that of suffrage, the
right to hold public office, and the right
of petition.  So, it is a First Amendment
Right, under the Petition Clause, for sure!

The high Court has ruled that the Petition Clause
in the First Amendment is the Right conservative
of ALL other rights.

THAT'S RIGHT!  :)