Time: Mon May 26 07:14:37 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id GAA23800;
	Mon, 26 May 1997 06:29:41 -0700 (MST)
	id JAA06767; Mon, 26 May 1997 09:27:33 -0400 (EDT)
	id JAA06749; Mon, 26 May 1997 09:27:25 -0400 (EDT)
	id AA22389; Mon, 26 May 1997 09:27:25 -0400
	by usr02.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id GAA29935;
	Mon, 26 May 1997 06:27:13 -0700 (MST)
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 07:10:57 -0700
To: (Recipient list suppressed)
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SNET: SLS: Chinese Christian Pastor Sentenced to Death (fwd)

->  SearchNet's   SNETNEWS   Mailing List

Paul Mitchell hereby offers political asylum
to Xu Yong Ze and free use of my guest bedroom
for up to 90 days, if others can get him to
Arizona safe and sound.  We will eat manna
from heaven.

>From: Harvey Wysong <hwysong@mindspring.com>
>Subject: Chinese Christian Pastor Sentenced to Death
>
>My friend Paul Dorr forwards this message about the peace-loving
>humanitarians in the Chinese government.
>
>-- Harvey
>                =====================================
>From: rtp@juno.com (Paul R. Dorr)
>
>I need to pass this on as well.  I tried to call the Chinese Embassy last
>night and the number is a FAX line.  Please try all you can today.  The
>source of this report is the John Loeffler program.  I have been a guest on
>Loeffler's program and found him to be a mature Christian.  (He was booted
>off of his Colorado based station, after he started challenging James
>Dobson's committment to government education and psycho-babble.)
>
>Please intercede for these Christians in China.
>
>Paul Dorr
>                ==================================
>
>From:   alfredmc@juno.com (Alfred McCroskey)
>To:     73113.1352@CompuServe.COM
>
>The following was sent to me this morning it requires your imediate
> attention and prayers.  Also please pass along, thanks.
>
>Reliable sources in China have informed International Christian
>Concern that the Chinese government has ordered the execution of
>China's most prominent Christian house church leaders.  Xu Yong
>Ze could be executed any time soon, according to the source.
>
>Pastor Xu was arrested in Zhengzhou, Henan province on March 16 along
>with 16 other popular house church leaders.  The eight were arrested
>after having met together to discuss uniting their house churches.
>Pastor Xu's church network Cong Sheng (Born Again) is estimated
>to be over eight million in number.  The merger would have created
>the largest organized body of Christians is China.
>
>The names of the other seven arrestewd in March are:
>Liu Zhenying, Wang Xincai, Wang Baoquan, Fang Xian, Mui Sheng
>Ging Jing and Elder Qiao.  The fate of these seven is unknown.
>
>The Born Again House Church is considered a "heresy" by the Chinese
>government.  In the government's "strike hard" campaign against
>crime, the illegal house churches are being targeted because
>of their rapid growth and evangelistic fervor.
>
>Pastor Xu Yong Ze had been imprisoned three times.  He has been
>in hiding since 1991 fololowing his release from his last prison
>sentence.  His last arrest ocurred in 1991 following an attempt
>to meet with evangfelist Billy Graham.
>
>President Bill Clinton is expected to decide this month whether or
>not China should continue to receive Most Favored Nation trading
>priviledges.  ICC is urging Americans to express their outreage by
>phoning the White House and their representatives in Congress.
>
>White House: (202) 456-1111
>Capitol:     (202) 224-3121
>Chinese Embassy: (202) 328-2582
>
>From:
>John Loeffler
>Steel on Steel Radio Program
>P.O. 3358
>Hayden, ID 83835-3358

> [...]

-> Send "subscribe   snetnews " to majordomo@world.std.com
->  Posted by: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]