Time: Wed Jun 04 16:50:06 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id QAA20578;
	Wed, 4 Jun 1997 16:52:35 -0700 (MST)
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 1997 16:49:29 -0700
To: Michael Brooks <mbreturn@qualcomm.com>
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLF: Eudora multi-level archive bug

Dear Michael,

My apologies for not calling you Tuesday
morning.  I have a terrible sense of time.

(I feel twenty, but will turn 49 this month:)

My productivity is paramount right now,
because I am writing a pivotal brief for
the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals, and
everything else must take second stage,
I am afraid.

I have two machines which are more or less
stable, and I do not want to introduce any
additional instabilities until I have time
to concentrate on their solution(s).  I took
note of the fact that you failed to indicate
whether or not the new .DLL files would fix
the problem I am having with a multi-level
archive structure.  So, to avoid yet another
(possibly) unproductive day, I have decided
to defer that upgrade until the dust settles from
the Opening Brief I am about to begin writing.

Many thanks for your assistance.  Let's pick
up where we left off, but only 2-3 weeks hence,
okay?

Be well, and do keep up the good work.

You folks at Qualcomm have a very good
thing going, and I am expecting more of
the same, if you don't mind my saying so.

Focus on reliability, and stability, because
this will allow you to grow from one solid
stepping stone, to another, resulting in a
history of very reliable, and very productive,
software.  This is no mean feat, because I have
been there myself (25 years in advanced systems
development, mostly super minicomputers).

Michael,

Many thanks for your immediate attention
to this problem.  I am in Tucson, Arizona,
so we are on the same clock time (we don't
have daylight savings time here).  I'll try
you first thing on Tuesday morning.

Thanks again!  I do appreciate your help here.

>Hi Paul,
>
>I tried to call you several times but, the line was busy.  You can call us
right when we open and we can probably get this cleared up.  We open at
8:00am PST.  800-338-3672.

>I just got duplicates of emails to our support address and the bug
address.  It would be helpful for both of us if you sent your original
request to the support address and then if a technician responds back to
you that you continue with this person until such time as the problem is
solved.

>At 04:34 AM 6/1/97 -0700, Paul Andrew Mitchell Wrote
>>Dear Michael,
>>
>>I am very sorry to bother you with
>>this situation here, but I am dead
>>in the water.  I have tried my best
>>to re-build 3.0.1, after 3.0.2 failed
>>completely for me.  Now, my version
>>of 3.0.1 is having some very strange
>>interaction with the directory
>>structure which I have created in
>>the C:\EUDORA.  None of the tools
>>work, and I cannot open any messages
>>which are listed in the in or out
>>boxes.  I feel that there is something
>>simple which I do not know about the
>>file synchronization which occur.
>>Is it true that I can delete all .TOC
>>files, and Eudora will re-build them?
>>I have done this several times, with
>>no effect on the problems I am  having.
>>Please call me, because I cannot open
>>any email messages right now:
>
>You can try renaming the eudora.ini file and restart Eudora.  You will be
prompted for your pop account information.

>You can also do a search for lmos.* and descmap.* and delete all of those
files.

>The toc, lmos, descmap files can be deleted and Eudora will recreate them.
>
>Let me know if that helps.
>Thanks, Michael Brooks
>
>IF YOU REPLY, PLEASE INCLUDE THIS CORRESPONDENCE IN YOUR MESSAGE SO I
>CAN REMEMBER WHAT WE WERE TALKING ABOUT.  :)  I GET A _LOT_ OF E-MAIL.
>
>ALWAYS INCLUDE YOUR REGISTRATION NUMBER WITH YOUR EMAIL REQUEST.
>
> M. Brooks                                    |  (800) 3-EUDORA
> Eudora Technical Support                     |  (619) 658-1292
> Web Page: <http://www.eudora.com>            |  (619) 658-1500(FAX)
> E-mail: mailto:eudora-support@qualcomm.com
>
> Eudora Sales                                 |  (800) 2-EUDORA
> E-Mail: mailto:quest-rep@qualcomm.com
>
> Do you have the latest and greatest version of Eudora Pro?
> For Windows the latest version is 3.0.2
> For MAC the latest version is 3.1
> Get them from our web site.
>
> Cool sites for Eudora:<http://www.amherst.edu/~atstarr/eudora/>
> <http://mango.human.cornell.edu/kens/eudora.html>

email:       [address in tool bar]   : Eudora Pro 3.0.2 on Intel 586 CPU