Time: Tue Oct 29 17:46:22 1996
To: libertylaw@www.ultimate.org
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: Re: LLAW: Keys to the Common Law
Bcc:

>LIBERTY LAW - CROSS THE BAR & MAKE YOUR PLEA - FIRST VIRTUAL COURT, USA
>Presiding JOP: Tom Clark, Constable: Robert Happy, Clerk: Kerry Rushing
>Tuesday, 29 Oct 96 @ 17:52 Hours CST
>
>TO: Counselors - All
>       Marcia A.
>       John Edward
>From: Dale Robertson
>Subject:  Keys to the Common Law discussion
>
>John, Marcia A. et al:
>
>Responding to the opinions going to the supremecy of common law as
>prevailing over constitutional and statutory law in the United States, I
>respond as follows:

Stop right there.  Look at what you wrote!
... supremacy of common law as prevailing
over constitutional and statutory law
in the United States ....

This flatly contradicts the Supremacy Clause.
The Constitution IS the supreme Law,
notwithstanding any "common law" you might
come along with.  Now, read the rest of the
Supremacy Clause, and come back to this
discussion.  Last but not least, put all
federal laws into three buckets:  national
law, municipal law, and international law.
Treaties with foreign nations fall into the
third.  18 USC 1513 is a good example of
the first.  And the IRC is a good example
of the second of the three.