Time: Fri Nov 01 07:52:38 1996
To: scott.bergeson@ucs.org (SCOTT BERGESON)
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: Re: Oil and Alcohol
Bcc:

I was using the term "alcohol" to
embrace all the vegetable variants
you mention.  Am I not correct that
methanol has a higher flame velocity
than gasoline?

Lead was used extensively for retarding
flame propagation, until its health
effects were recognized.

I seem to remember that Henry Ford
wrote a lot on this subject, and
his writings were suppressed.

During his era, a large percentage
of the "fleet" was powered by
methanol and "alcohol"-based fueld.

At the end of this email message,
I have merged some notes I received
from a gentleman named Byron Wine.
I hope you find these notes as
interesting as I did.

And thanks!

>On Thu, 31 Oct 1996 09:50:03 -0700 (MST) you wrote:
>
>>Alcohol is a far superior
>>fuel, because it burns so clean,
>>and has much higher energy during
>>oxidation.  Only problem is that
>>it has a much faster flame velocity,
>>so you must use additives to retard
>>the flame, otherwise you get
>>engine knock.  Knock occurs when
>>the flame is traveling faster than
>>the piston head, so it "slaps" the
>>piston with a shock wave, rather
>>than "pushing" on it gently.
>
>Backwards. 'Octane' is slowness of or resistance to
>burning. Alcohol burns much slower and cooler than
>petroleum ether (early version of 'gasoline') so has
>higher octane. Reformed and isomerized gasoline has
>higher octane, but only became available during the
>WWII era. Alcohol makes a good additive to slow the
>combustion of gasoline but has *lower* energy.

You mean lower "btu's" per volume, yes?
Do you have any numbers?

BTU-content is only one factor, obviously.
Efficiency is another.

Have you ever heard of the Pogue carburetor?

>An ideal automotive fuel would contain much energy
>but would still burn slowly and cleanly.

Such an ideal escapes us at the present
time, yes?

 Hydrogen
>is an exception, in that it burns rapidly, but only
>ignites at high temperature so resists pre-ignition.

Also very explosive.

>>go to the Indy 500, where all the
>>cars are burning very high-octane
>>methanol hybrids!  Methanol is vegetable
>>matter, without needing to cure in the
>>ground for 20 million years.
>
>Actually methanol can be made from almost anything
>containing carbon, including vegetable matter, and water.
>
>>Since Indy cars are pushing 14,000+ rpm, their
>>pistons are moving fast enough to prevent knocking
>>due to the high flame velocities of alcohol-
>>based fuels.
>
>The main concern is the high compression ratios the
>engines in race cars use, which heats the fuel-air
>mixture more, thus increasing the octane requirement.
>Any fuel other than an alcohol, methane (CNG), hydrogen
>or ammonia would not be adequate for those very high
>compression ratios.
>
>The major reason for suppression of alcohol was that any farmer
>could make his own automotive fuel rather than needing to buy
>it from a monopolistic oil/refinery/distribution company. These
>possibilities remain for methanol and methane. There was an
>article about biogas converters in "Utah Science" about 1974.
>
>P.S. I only got parts 2 and 3 of the 7 parts of your "Traveling
>is a right" posts. Did you post the other 5 parts to L&J?

[begin Byron Wine's notes]

                       ENERGY INFORMATION

The Washington  Post, Washington  Times, Richmond Times Dispatch,
Potomac News,  Manassas Journal  Messenger and  many other print,
radio/TV media  outlets will  not inform you of this information.
After you  read the following information, do you wonder why they
won't inform you?

If you can, please help to distribute this information.

Please send suggestions and comments to: byronw@pop.dn.net

So you  think we  have an energy problem? No, we have a political
problem.

I want  to relate to you some facts concerning various suppressed
energy devices and the difficulty in bringing this information to
the public. I hope that you can add some additional information.

On October  1, 1990,  I began  to keep a list of people contacted
concerning energy  devices. The  list is  now 51  pages long. The
list includes  the President  and vice-president;  121 Members of
Congress  and   other  politicians;    21  government  and  state
agencies;   215 members  of the  print and  electronic media;  62
environmental groups;   The  President of United Auto Workers and
14 other UAW officials;  The President of The American Automobile
Association;   many members  of the  clergy,  including  Mr.  Pat
Robertson, and also the people at Christian Science Monitor;  and
numerous others.

My own  Congressman, Representative  Frank Wolf, will not respond
to a letter and 182 pages of documentation that I put in his hand
on August  25, 1993.  I wonder just who he does respond to? Could
it be that money talks?

Note: In  several of  the  following  references  information  is
followed by  a (?)  symbol, or  a  statement  that  the  original
material was  stolen from  me in  1986. This  is because in those
cases I  am  working  from  very  poor  copies  of  the  original
material. In  1986, I  was visited  by an intern reporter for the
Washington Times who wanted to take my material back to the paper
to make  copies. What  he did  was steal  my material and take it
back to  college with  him. Had  it not been for an Editor at the
Washington Times,  and the  Dean at this intern's school, I would
have lost a lot of my collection of energy material.

Here are  the facts. Please verify this information for yourself.
My comments are identified as:

[Comment: ]

  Energy Information, by Byron Wine, May 24, 1996:  Page 1 of 9

1. Some  folks at  Shell Oil  Co.  wrote  "Fuel  Economy  of  the
Gasoline Engine"  (ISBN 0-470-99132-1);  it was published by John
Wiley & Sons, New York, in 1977.

[Comment: The  Library of  Congress (LOC), in September 1990, did
not have  a copy  of this  book. It was missing from the files. I
bought my  copy from  Maryland Book  Exchange around 1980 after I
was informed  by a  professor that  it was used as an engineering
text at the University of West Virginia.]

A. On  page 42  Shell Oil  quotes the President of General Motors
who in 1929 predicted 80 MPG by 1939.

B. Between  pages 221 and 223 Shell writes of their achievements:
49.73 MPG  around 1939;   149.95  MPG with  a 1947  Studebaker in
1949;   244.35 MPG with a 1959 Fiat 600 in 1968;  376.59 MPG with
a 1959 Opel in 1973.

2. The  book "Secrets  of the  200 MPG  Carburetor" is  by  Allan
Wallace  and   was  available,   about   198(?),   from   Premier
Distributing,  1775   Broadway,  NY,   NY,  10019.  Page  18  has
photocopies of three 1936 tests by the Ford Motor Co. (Canada) of
the Pogue  carburetor (U.S.  Patent #  2,026,798). The worst case
test achieved about 171 MP(US)G.

[Comment: I  can not  provide any  other  publishing  information
because the book is among the material stolen from me in 1986. My
copy of page 18 is very poor.]

3. Argosy  Magazine, August  1977, has  a five page article about
Tom Ogle  and the  media witnessed  test of the "Oglemobile". Tom
Ogle, on  that test  run, achieved  more than  100 MPG in a 4,600
pound 1970 Ford Galaxie.

[Comment: When  I  attempted  to  find  a  copy  of  that  Argosy
Magazine, it  was missing  from LOC  files in 1980. Argosy ceased
publication, I  was informed, a short time after the Ogle article
was published.  I could  not find  a copy of that Argosy issue at
any library within 200 miles of my home. An Editor at the company
that purchased  Argosy, found  and mailed  a copy  to  me.  While
attempting to verify statements in the article, I spoke with Doug
Lenzini(sp?) with the El Paso Times. Mr. Lenzini informed me that
he knew  Tom Ogle, and the Oglemobile achieved more than 200 MPG.
When I  contacted the  El Paso NBC affiliate that filmed the test
run described  in the  Argosy article,  I was  informed that  the
person who had filmed the test had left the station and taken all
the records with him.]

A. The  Ogle U.S.  Patent, #4,177,779, has this statement "I have
been able  to obtain  extremely high gas mileages with the system
of  the  present  invention  installed  on  a  V-8  engine  of  a
conventional 1971  American made  automobile.  In  fact,  mileage
rates in  excess of  one  hundred  miles  per  gallon  have  been
achieved with  the present  invention." According  to the  Argosy
article, a  Shell Oil Co. representative asked Ogle what he would

  Energy Information, by Byron Wine, May 24, 1996:  Page 2 of 9

do if  someone offered  him $25  Million  for  the  system.  Ogle
responded "I would not be interested" He later said, "I've always
wanted to  be rich, and I suspect I will be when this system gets
into distribution.  But I'm not going to have my system bought up
and put on the shelf. I'm going to see this thing through--that I
promise." According  to an  article in The Washington Post Parade
Magazine, March  4, 1984,  Tom Ogle  died of  a drug  and alcohol
overdose in 1981. Other articles concerning Tom Ogle can be found
in the  El Paso Journal, January 16, 1980, and also, The Hamilton
Spectator, June 24, 1978.

B. The Oglemobile, in simplification, ran on fumes extracted from
a heated  tank in  the trunk (See the Ogle patent.) A very simple
method of  extracting gasoline  fumes is  described  in  a  book,
published in  1900, "Gas  Engine  Construction".  This  book  was
reprinted by Lindsay in 1986, ISBN 0-917914-46-5.

4. There  are many  U.S. Patents granted for vaporizing gasoline.
NASA Patent  3,640,256;   General Electric  Co. Patent 3,926,150;
Robinson Patent  4,003,969;   Harpman Patent  4,023,538;   Butler
Patent 4,068,636;  Totten Patent 4,106,457.

[Comment:  Pete,   "The  Tree  Man",  was  researching  the  Fish
carburetor while  staying in  my home  during the  early 80's. He
later sent  me a  6 page  list with  more than  240  U.S.  Patent
numbers for vaporizing gasoline, other fuels and water.]

5. During the mid 70's, physicist Don Novak traveled all over the
U.S. lecturing  and teaching  in his  seminars how to achieve 100
MPG. He  also testified,  October 15, 1979, before a Wichita, KS,
Congressional Committee on "Reinventing the Automobile".

[Comment: I  have known Don for many years. Once he brought to my
home, in  the late  70's, two carburetors;  one got more than 200
MPG and  the other  more  than  100  MPG.  I  contacted  a  local
politician, who  lives in my town, and was on the Virginia Energy
Subcommittee. I  tried to  have this  politician meet Don and see
the carburetors. The politician was not interested.]

6. In  the London, England, Daily Telegraph, 10/20/83, on page 9,
there is  an advertisement  for a  production Pugeot  Diesel that
gets 52.3  MPG in urban driving. In the Washington Post, 9/19/83,
page 37(?)  is the  1983 U.S.  EPA fuel  economy list  of various
vehicles. The  U.S. model  Pugeot Diesel  gets between  22 and 27
MPG. The  Washington Times,  8/9/91, published  an article,  "Gas
saving engines  hit streets  in fall".  This article is about two
engines,  the  Mitsubishi  MVV  engine,  and  the  Honda  VTEC-E.
According to the company spokesmen, the Mitsubishi will get up to
50 MPG;  the Honda, up to 88 MPG.

[Comment: I  visited a  local Honda  dealer and got a brochure on
the production  automobile with  the VTEC-E engine, the specified
MPG, as  I recall,  was 53  MPG. I know of no produced Honda that
gets 88  MPG. I  have no information on the production Mitsubishi

  Energy Information, by Byron Wine, May 24, 1996:  Page 3 of 9

MVV engine.  I wonder  if there is something that happens to fuel
economy when  an automobile  is transported  to the  USA.  Is  it
possible  that   these  engines   "un-tweak"  themselves   during
transit?]

7. The  U.S. Government supported (Grant No. DTNH22-91-Z-06014) a
study of  automobile fuel  economy by  the  National  Academy  of
Sciences. This study, "Automotive Fuel Economy--How Far Should We
Go?" (ISBN  0-309-04530-4), was  used by  the staff  of  my  then
Congressman George Allen, to refute documentation proving that an
automobile had  exceeded 376  MPG. Nowhere  in this "fuel economy
study" is there any reference to the work of Shell Oil Co. or any
other reference  that could refute the conclusion of this report.
The report concluded, Page 4, that a subcompact car might achieve
between 39 and 44 MPG by model year 2006. Many committee meetings
were held  from May  15, 1991  to December 14, 1991, prior to the
April 1992  publication of  this report.  Prior to publication of
this  report,   I  previously   sent  documentation   to  several
participants of  these meetings.  The documentation  proved  that
automobile  fuel  economies  of  between  49  and  376  MPG  were
achieved. None  of the  participants  responded  to  my  letters.
Documentation  was   sent  to:  Jerry  R.  Curry,  Administrator,
National Highway  Safety Administration,  on  3/16/91;    Senator
Richard H.  Bryan, on  3/7/91;   Congressman Philip  R. Sharp, on
2/18/91;   Steve Plotkin,  Office of  Technology Assessment, U.S.
Congress,  on  4/4/91;    Charles  Mendler,  Energy  Conservation
Collation,  on  11/2/90;    Fred  Smith,  Competitive  Enterprise
Institute, on  4/16/91;  Brian O'Neal, Center for Auto Safety, on
3/16/91;   Clarence Ditlow,  Executive Director,  Center for Auto
Safety, on  1/6/92.  Previous  documentation  was  also  sent  to
members of  organizations participating  in these  meetings, they
are: John  Koenig, Product planning Manager, Toyota Motor Co., on
3/18/91;    Peter  Clausen,  Union  of  Concerned  Scientist,  on
10/28/90;   John Morrill, American Council for Energy Efficiency,
on 10/4/90. None of these people responded to my letters.

[Comment: I  know that  at least  one of my letters was received.
The Union  of Concerned  Scientist keeps  trying  to  get  me  to
support their organization.]

8. An  article "Automakers  Move Toward New Generation Of Greener
Vehicles" was  published in "Chemical & Engineering News", August
1, 1994.  This article  is  about  "The  Partnership  for  a  New
Generation  of   Vehicles",  a   partnership  between   the  U.S.
Government and  the auto  industry that  has a  goal of an 80 MPG
automobile by 2002.

[Comment: In  1992 a  government funded  study concluded  that  a
subcompact car might get between 39 and 44 MPG by model year 2006
(See #7  above). In  1994 the  goal is  80 MPG  by  2002.  Is  it
possible that  someone read  the Shell Oil book? Or could someone
have actually  read my  February 13, 1992 letter, and 95 pages of
documentation,  sent   to  then   Candidate  Clinton?]  I  wrote,
September 8,  1994, to  Deborah L.  Illman,  the  author  of  the
article,  and  to  the  editor,  Michael  Heylin  of  Chemical  &

  Energy Information, by Byron Wine, May 24, 1996:  Page 4 of 9

Engineering News,  on  September  11,  1994  .  No  response  was
received from  them. On  September 11, 1994, I also wrote to Mary
L. Good,  Under Secretary  for Technology,  (USA)  Department  of
Commerce. I received a response from Ms. Good. It was an undated,
unaddressed, form letter.

[Comment: I  guess the  fact that  a vehicle could get 376 MPG or
burn water  for fuel  would not be a politically correct finding.
How could  someone explain  to the  American people  that it  was
necessary to  send more  than 600,000  of  our  citizens  to  the
Mideast  to   defend  oil   wells  if  these  facts  were  public
information?]

9.  Hybrid   Diesel/Electric   Automobiles   (A   Diesel/Electric
locomotive  uses   the  same  principle.)  The  Manassas  Journal
Messenger, April  4, 1981,  has an  article about a MG sports car
converted by  San Diego  State University.  The car gets 110 MPG.
The Steven R. Reed Automobile Manufacturing Corp., Newport Beach,
CA, issued  a press release dated February 14, 1983. This release
announces the  February 23,  1983 showing  of the  200  MPG,  two
passenger, II  Millennium Cruiser  at the  Ambassador Hotel.  The
press release also states that the company will file "... a major
class-action lawsuit  involving a  considerable number  of  giant
American  corporations   within  the   automotive  and  petroleum
industries, plus  numerous branches  and  agencies  of  the  U.S.
Government responsible for regulating these companies."

[Comment: Don  Novak informed me that when none of the major news
media attended  the Millennium show, the company drove the car to
CBS Television,  Los Angeles,  and parked  it on the lawn. No one
came out of the building to inspect the car. Don also stated that
the president  of the Steven R. Reed Corp. has been in hiding for
some years.]

10. Mother  Earth News,  November/December 1977,  has an  article
"Can This  Transmission Really  Double Your Car's Mileage?". This
article is  about a  Ford Granada  modified by  Vincent Carman of
Portland, Oregon.  In  simplification,  Mr.  Carman  removed  the
transmission and  drive shaft from the car and bolted a hydraulic
motor to the differential. He then bolted a hydraulic pump to the
engine to  pressurize a  storage tank.  The storage  tank is also
pressurized when the car brakes or slows down. The article states
that the  U.S. Post  Office is  interested in  a whole  fleet  of
vehicles using  this principle. In 1990, after reading an article
in "Federal  Times", I  contacted  Mr.  Robert  St.Francis,  U.S.
Postal Service,  who was  searching for alternative fuels for use
by the  Post Office.  Mr. St.Francis said that he had never heard
of Mr. Carman. I wrote two letters, October 18 & 21, 1990, to Mr.
St.Francis  concerning   Mr.  Carman's  vehicle.  I  received  no
response. Another  article  in  Mother  Earth  News,  March/April
1976,8(?), titled  "This Car  Travels 75 Miles on a Single Gallon
Of Gas",  is about  a  project  by  the  Minneapolis  Minnesota's
Hennepin Vocational  Technical Center that converted a Volkswagen
to a  system similar  to that  of Mr.  Carman. The  idea for  the
conversion came  from a  1920 magazine  article. The  car, with a

  Energy Information, by Byron Wine, May 24, 1996:  Page 5 of 9

Bradley GT body and a 16 horsepower Tecumseh engine (The original
VW engine was too powerful), achieved more than 75 MPG at 70 MPH.

[Comment: Could  we combine  the technology of Tom Ogle, 200 MPG,
and the  hydraulic drive  cars and have a 400 MPG 4,600 pound car
?]

11. The  St. Paul  Pioneer News,  August 22, 1990, has an article
about a  group that 11 years previously modified a Dodge half-ton
pickup furnished  by a local dealer. This modified truck got more
than 35  MPG. Test  stopped on this modification when a member of
the group  was told  that he would receive a pair of cement boots
if testing continued.

12. Hydrogen  fuel. There  are many  U.S. and foreign patents for
extracting hydrogen  and oxygen  gasses from  water for  use as a
fuel. Some  Patents are:  July 2,  1935, Garrett,  # 2,006,  675;
April 3,  1945, Klein, # 2,373,032;  February 25, 1975, Chambrin,
French Patent Request # 75 06619;  July 6, 1976, owner unknown by
me, #  3,967,589 (This  is  a  patent  for  an  electrical  power
generator that  burns water);   1976,  Horvath, # 3,980,053. This
statement is  on the  Horvath patent,  "This invention relates to
internal combustion  engines. More  particularly it  is concerned
with a  fuel supply  apparatus by  means  of  which  an  internal
combustion engine  can be run on a fuel comprised of hydrogen and
oxygen gasses  generated on  demand by  electrolysis  of  water";
June 28,  1983, Meyer,  # 4,398,981. Mr. Meyer has at least eight
other patents  relating to  hydrogen and  oxygen gasses extracted
from water for fuel.

A.  Popular   Science,  about  1978,9(?),  published  an  article
"Hydrogen bus-  could also  heat its own garage". This article is
about the  work of  Dr. Helmut  Buchner of  Mercedes-Benz. He  is
quoted "  We are  ready now.  We could save our city of Stuttgart
over one  million gallons  of petroleum fuel a year by converting
its fleet  of 300  urban busses  to run on hydrogen. Heating--and
air conditioning--would  be free  spin-offs, consuming  no  extra
energy.".

B. Popular Science, March 1978(?), published an article "Hydrogen
-- demonstrates  fuel of  the future".  This article is about the
work of  Dr. Billings,  Billings Energy  Corp., Provo,  Utah. and
others. The  article states  that a home, all the appliances, and
vehicles, can  be run  on  hydrogen.  Dr.  Billings  converted  a
Cadillac Seville  for  duel  fuel  use.  This  Cadillac,  burning
hydrogen, was in President Carter's inaugural parade.

[Comment: I  had  a  photograph  of  Dr.  Billings  drinking  the
exhaust, water, from one of his engines.]

13. Completely sealed reciprocating engines. I visited the patent
office years  ago, when  they still  had the open stacks of "shoe
boxes". While  there, I  read the  application files for the Papp
patent, #3,6(?)70,4944.  Papp applied for a patent on his engine,

  Energy Information, by Byron Wine, May 24, 1996:  Page 6 of 9

and the  patent office,  after consultation  with the  old Atomic
Energy Commission,  refused to  give him  a  patent  because  his
device could not possibly work. Papp responded with test results,
photographs and  depositions from,  I think, 16 people. Papp said
that maybe  the patent  office didn't know how his device worked,
and that  they also  didn't know  how the atomic bomb worked, but
used it anyway. This statement is on his patent "...2. To provide
a two  cycle reciprocating  engine which does not use fuel intake
valves or exhaust valves, does not require an air supply and does
not emit  gasses. 3.  To  provide  a  precharged  engine  of  the
character stated  in item  2 capable  of generating  power for  a
period of  from 2,000  to over 10,000 hours continuously or until
mechanical breakdown  without the  addition of  fuel injection of
air or discharge of gasses...".

A. Papp  has a similar patent granted in 1984. Unfortunately, the
patent # is missing form the only sheet that I have.

B. Britt,  August 31,  1976, has  a patent,  # 3,977,191,  for  a
similar sealed  engine. In  the patent  application  file,  Britt
accuses  the   Patent  Office   of  deliberately   delaying   his
application to  give a  major manufacturer time to file on top of
him.

14. Permanent  Magnet Motor.  Howard  Johnson  was  granted  U.S.
Patent # 4,151,431, for a motor that is powered only by permanent
magnets. An interesting thing about the first page of this patent
is the  chart of  a magnetic field VS electromechanical coupling.
The chart is from U.S. Patent # 4,151,432 which has nothing to do
with the  Johnson patent.  Science and  Mechanics,  Spring  1980,
published an  article "  Amazing Magnet-Powered  Motor" about the
Johnson patent.  The article  tells of his difficulties in having
the device  patented. The  patent problem was solved when Johnson
took working  models of  his device  to the  patent  office.  The
magazine  Science   83,  May,  published  an  article  ridiculing
perpetual motion machines, one of them was the Johnson motor. The
Science article  purports to  quote from  the prior  Science  and
Mechanics article  about Johnson.  Because I had both articles, I
compared them,  then called the author of the Science 83 article.
When I  stated that the information that he quoted was not in the
prior article,  he hung  up saying "I will not be interrogated by
you."  The editor of Science 83 also declined to speak with me.

[Comment: Others  have informed  me that  there are  three  other
permanent magnet motor patents.]

15. The  Moray device.  Tom Moray, in the late 20's, had a device
that could  sit on  a kitchen  table and  produce 50,000 Watts of
power from  a field  that surrounds  the earth.  The operation of
this device was endorsed by many people. Moray's son, John, after
the only  copy of his father's book was stolen, wrote a book "The
Sea of  Energy in  which the Earth Floats". The book is about his
father's  work.   During  the   early  80's,   I   visited   many
congressional offices  in an  unsuccessful attempt  to  have  any
Member of  Congress do something about the technology hidden from

  Energy Information, by Byron Wine, May 24, 1996:  Page 7 of 9

the American  people.  When  I  visited  Congressman  Ron  Paul's
office, a  staffer said  to me  "I have something that you should
read, come  to my  residence on Saturday." This staffer gave me a
letter to  Congressman Paul  from Tom  Bearden, and  the 40  page
document attached  to the letter. The document is a book that Mr.
Bearden has  written. In  this book,  Mr. Bearden states that the
Moray device  could produce 1.5 megawatts of power. Also that the
Russians had  adapted the  Moray device  to power  a weapon.  The
weapon statement  is supported  by a  drawing from "Aviation Week
and Space Technology", July 28, 1980.

[Comment: Do you think that the local power company could justify
a price increase if the power came from a field around the earth?
This book was also missing from the LOC in 1990.]

16. The Energy Machine of Joe Newman. I have spoken with Joe many
times over  several years.  He has recently published the seventh
edition of "The Energy Machine of Joseph Newman" (ISBN 0-9613855-
7-7) The  book is  available from: Joseph Westly Newman, Route 1,
Box 52, Lucedale, Mississippi, 39452, Phone # (601)-947-7174.

[Comment: I have no doubts that his machine works as he describes
it. To  learn of  the problems  that this  man has  had with "The
Establishment" read  his book.  Joe filed  suit against  the U.S.
Patent  office  because  they  would  not  grant  him  a  patent.
According to  Joe's book, pages 274 to 279, the Court appointed a
Special Master, Mr. William E. Schuyler, a former Commissioner of
the U.S. Patent Office , to advise the Court. The findings of the
Special Master  were that  Mr. Newman had invented a machine that
had more  output than  input. The  Court refused  to  accept  the
findings. I  urge you to read this 471 page book. This machine is
not "bogus"  as stated  by others. On February 5, 1996, I was one
of several  hundred people,  in Mobile,  AL, to  see  the  Newman
Energy Machine  in operation. The machine was pumping water while
running a  power  meter,  similar  to  the  one  on  your  house,
backwards.]

17. Cold  Fusion. Despite  the rejection of some in the USA, cold
fusion is a going operation in other places. The monthly magazine
"New Energy News", P.O. Box 58639, Salt Lake City, UT 84158-8639,
has information  on many  successful results  in cold fusion. The
magazine also has information on "free energy devices".

18.  "The   Energy  Non-Crisis",   published  in  1980  by  Worth
Publishing Co.,  P.O. Box, 1243, Wheatridge, CO 80033, is written
by Chaplain Lindsey Williams. Chaplain Williams was on the Alaska
Pipeline during  the construction  and got  so  fed-up  with  the
deliberate lies  of the  media, he  came back  to tour the "lower
48", and tell the truth. According to Chaplain Williams, (Chapter
16) Gull  Island, has  a pool of oil as big as, and maybe bigger,
than Purdhoe  Bay. Our  Government ordered  ARCO "... to seal the
documents, withdraw  the rig,  cap the  well, and not release the
information about the Gull Island find." A video tape of a speech
that Chaplain  Williams gave  to a group at Salt Lake City, about

  Energy Information, by Byron Wine, May 24, 1996:  Page 8 of 9

1980,  is  possibly  available  from:  The  National  Center  For
Constitutional Studies, 1-800-388-4512.

[Comment: I sent the Williams tape and a lot of other information
to our current Secretary of Energy. The response that I received,
after a second letter, was, essentially, no response.]

I hope  that this  information will  raise questions as to why we
are dependent  on foreign  oil. All  our government has to do, to
take more  money from our pockets, is to have an energy crisis or
raise the cost of energy. The only financial interest that I have
in any  of above  devices is  that of a concerned consumer who is
tired of the deliberate lies and cover-ups.

/s/ Byron Wine, May 24, 1996

edited by Paul Mitchell, August 18,1996

This document is available on the Internet at URL:

               http://www.digitalnation.com/byronw

                             #  #  #

  Energy Information, by Byron Wine, May 24, 1996:  Page 9 of 9