Time: Fri Nov 15 18:25:41 1996
To: Skip Leuschner <skipl@pacifier.com>
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: 9 cents per minute, anywhere in America
Bcc: Electra Briggs, Jean-Pierre Weingarten, Dean Hines, Bernie Oliver, Harvey Wysong, Marcia A. Armstrong, Richard Ginn, Nancy Lord, Neil Nordbrock

Dear Skip,

I regret it very much that
you find it necessary to write
this, in the tone that you
chosen.  Since I am not
yet privy to all the customs
and practices of this list
(I am new here), I have found
it necessary to be rather
assertive in the face of what
appears to me as another falsehood,
being sown for no good purpose,
in the minds of people who might
be regular readers here.

If you want to characterize what I wrote
as "legalistic crap," that is your
choice of words, and I will defend
your fundamental Right to exercise
freedom of speech here.  However,
freedom of speech does not embrace
the publication of lies which can be
and are very damaging to a person's
livelihood;  this is libel, not
freedom of speech.  There is a difference.

Imagine, if you will, that someone on
this list started to post innuendos
that you are really a deep cover
CIA operative, and you are covering
a widespread child kidnap racket which
is being run through the Child Protective
Services department of the State of
Arizona.  Wouldn't you object to such
an innuendo, in the strongest of terms?
I know I would, and I would expect you
to do so also, if it were false.

Since we have come to this point, just
what is the "specific purpose" to which
you refer?  I will not threaten you,
at any time.  But, if you should choose
to join the small group of people on
the Internet who find it necessary to
imply, or suggest, or infer, that I am
a government agent, then I will find it
necessary to take steps to prevent such
damaging lies from propagating here.
Wouldn't you do the same, or not?

I am asking a real question of you,
not a loaded question, nor am I begging
this question.

If you are deleting my email, then we
will never have a chance to communicate
with each other, one-on-one.  That is
rather tragic, in my opinion.  My purpose
in sharing what I have written to the FBI
is to provide you with evidence that certain
people, particularly within the federal government,
might, and do, have a real motive to perpetrate
character assassination here, specifically against
me and all the work I have done in the area of
federal law for the past 7 years.

If ROC stands for "Return Our Constitution,"
then I for one am not as interested in
academic philosophies, as I am in the
real applications of freedom, the Bill of
Rights, and fundamental Law.  To label
the unique challenges of my own situation as
"legalistic crap," as you have done here,
is to abandom the principles of the Constitution
if and when the first real live example comes
marching across your monitor screen.

I will be happy to hold out the olive branch to
you, but first I need to know whether or not
you are going to join the liars who are lurking
behind certain robes, both in and outside of
government.  So, Skip, the choice is up to
you.  What's it going to be?

I await your answer.

Sincerely yours,
/s/ Paul Mitchell