Time: Sat Nov 23 19:00:12 1996
To: Nancy Lord
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: are you there?
Bcc:

Hi Nancy,

The computer took much more time than
I had anticipated.  Western Digital
tech support people recommended that
I switch my main drive to the new
1.6GB, instead of making it the secondary
drive.  This required copying everything
from the old drive onto the new drive.
Fortunately, everything went very well,
including all the new hardware in my
old 486.  She is a real nice 2GB machine
now, and 1.6GB is brand-new hardware.
Yea team.

If you are still up and about, give me
a call and we can make some plans.  I need
some warm company, because so many people
are falling out of their saddles here in
Arizona.  Neil has fallen victim to alcohol
abuse:  slurring his words, staggering in
his own kitchen, spilling drinks often at
the dinner table, and failing to understand
complex legal and computer concepts.  I tried
shock treatment, by confronting his wife in a
letter, but it back-fired.  Now they are very
angry at me ("how dare I make this my business").
Problem is:  Neil is going to die a very slow
death if he keeps this up;  pride is keeping
him from seeing himself as he really is.  I just
can't take another one of these:  my brother died
of the same thing 5 years ago.  I need some
sunshine, laughter, and freedom.