Time: Sun Nov 24 06:44:47 1996
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: Nora Manella, "U.S. Attorney" [sic]
Bcc:

                    [transcription]

U.S. Department of Justice
Office of Information and Privacy
Telephone:  (202) 514-3642
Washington, D.C. 20530

November 15, 1996

Mr. Paul A. Mitchell
Apartment 1776
2509 North Campbell
Tucson, AZ 85719

Re:  Appeal No. 96-1378
     RLH:SVL:ADW

Dear Mr. Mitchell:

You appealed from the action of the Executive Office for
United States Attorneys on your request for access to records
pertaining to "oaths of office, delegations of authority,
fidelity bonds, and licenses to practice law."  Because your
Freedom of Information Act appeal was addressed to the United
States District Court for the Central District of California and
only copied to this Office, the subject matter of your appeal was
unclear;  however, as a result of discussions with the EOUSA, I
have been informed that you had requested the oath of office for
United States Attorney Nora Manella, her formal delegation of
authority, her fidelity bonds and her license to practice law.

As a result of further discussions between EOUSA personnel
and members of my staff, I have been informed that no records
within the scope of your request could be located in its files.
It has been determined that this response is correct.  If you
consider my response to be a denial of your appeal, you may seek
judicial review in the United States District Court [sic] for the
judicial district in which you reside or have your principal
place of business, or in the District of Columbia, or in the
Central District of California, which is where the search was
conducted for the records you seek.

Sincerely,

/s/ Richard L. Huff

Co-Director

Paul Mitchell comments:

Nora Manella is the one claiming to be the
"United States Attorney" who is currently
prosecuting Arizona Governor Fife Symington
for multiple counts of bank fraud in California.
She works in the office of the United States
Attorneys in Los Angeles, California.  This
letter from Mr. Huff is very significant, since
it admits that Manella has no credentials.
Manella also prosecuted Elizabeth Broderick
et al. recently for her traffic in warrants
and commercial liens.  I hereby certify that
the above transcription is as correct as possible,
the moment it left my hands.