Time: Mon Nov 25 21:53:19 1996
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: Title 18 on military bases only?
Bcc: liberty lists

18 USC 1513 contains explicit language
extending this statute with "extra-territorial
application."  Now, you might ask yourself,
why is this qualifier not found in more
statutes within Title 18?  So, at least
this one statute can be enforced within
the several States of the Union, unlike
the others which have no application
outside the federal zone.  So, I agree
with LeRoy, but only in part, because of
the obvious exception found in 18 USC 1513.
Confer at "inclusio unius est exclusio
alterius" in Black's Law Dictionary.
See also U.S. v. Lopez, S.Ct. (1995);
this is the really big case on this