Re: Deeds an update

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Supreme Law Firm Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Two Cities on January 02, 1998 at 00:56:55:

In Reply to: Re: Deeds an update posted by Two Cities on December 31, 1997 at 17:32:33:

: : In the state of Washington.

: : Property transfers ("constitutional") appear to be covered under
: : RCW Title 64. There are even templates for the proper form of a
: : deed. It's a relatively short title.

: : "Normal", conventional, title insured transfers appear to be covered
: : by the Torrence Act, which can be found in RCW Title 65, and is a thick
: : document. Partaking in the provisions of the Torrence Act is voluntary,
: : as it says in one of the first few paragraphs.

: : The Torrence Act will register the land, create a Certificate of Title.

: : This may divest the owner of possesion.

: RCW 65.12.225 authorizes the withdrawal from the land registration program.
: The procedure is spelled out further in 65.12.225 and 65.12.235. Does anyone
: have further information regarding this process? It appears that after a
: Certificate of withdrawal has been recorded, the owners will be allowed to contract
: and convey, and DOE, JOHN, can perhaps then convey the interest to John Doe in
: fee simple, an indefeasable seizin and possesory right. Any comments appreciated.

It may be that real estate is entirely not synonymous with land.
Real estate holdings are taxed, land holdings may be a different matter.
This web-board appears to have gotten challenged. A reply here will
show in two places, and to reach the root posting mechanism seems hard

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Supreme Law Firm Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]